unstoppable force meets immovable object (writings)

The love that is…you and me…
Unparalleled by anything found in nature,
My being is emotionally involved.
I necessitate you…
The invocation of life with every breath you take,
The cadence to my beating heart
A heart that breaks in absence, be it physical or emotional…
Yet with every stint of anger I am lured closer
Drawn to your ever enigmatic presence
A battle between rhyme and reason,
The thought of you brings tears to my eyes yet puts a smile on my face
…simultaneously
I yearn to be loved, a love that only you can facilitate.
Not a request or a wish…a demand.
I DEMAND YOU LOVE ME!
Because I know you do…just tell me, please?
Tell me you would die without me, as I would without you.
Tell me!
Tell me as I sit crouched on the floor my head pressed against the wall…
Tears streaming down my face…
Tell me that it kills you to give yourself to me haphazardly,
I know it does, guilt stricken with every withdrawn advance,
…you are a coward.
Tell my when I am stripped to nothing more than self and vulnerability.
Hear my inaudible cries, feel my anguish,
Look me in my eyes and speak a difficult truth.
Tell me what you have been terrified to say for so long.
All you have is your word, right?
…use it, I dare you.
I stand before you like the accused before the courts.
Begging not for my innocence, but the proclamation of love.
A love not to be explained by flesh.
We are our own conjoined curse…
Origin and cure being none other than that of love…
For there is no rest for the afflicted until we close our eyes for good.



Comments

Popular Posts