Muerte (writings)

I see you..

Every time I look at you I see your face my heart flutters,
and it's like the first date all over again.
Imagining a life vividly lived and well traveled,
paths unexplored two by two hand in hand
conquering the world one day at a time.

Then I blink..

Reminded that the reality is,
what once stood before me has died.
From soul mate to tortured soul,
Bright skies to new moon,
and I cry
and cry
and cry.

North winds say go,
West winds say no,
stay..

Then I feel..

cashmere against my skin,
a fire is lit from within,
Smile
power radiates from our nonverbal
communication and gestures.
Soft brown eyes that tell a story
of passion and strife,
complexity and strength
protection and anger.
Gentle giant

Then I hear..

words of destruction,
forfeit and submission.
a tale of seasons,
a tale of sorrow,
a tale of death.

Being neither created or destroyed,
you simply changed form.
foreign in concept,
difficult in action.

Then I think..

Breathe,
always remember to breathe
I tell myself.
pain bears appreciation
appreciation brings revival.

I am your shadow,
you are my mirror

(written may 2013, published 2017)

Comments

Popular Posts